Argentina Senior Cyber Advisor - CABA - Sincerus Global Solutions Inc Jobs (isolvedhire.com)
Apply at the embedded link above or contact Chris Forbes at email@example.com Looking forward to hearing from candidates who wish to continue making a difference on the national defense scene globally!
Are you looking to make a difference in security cooperation?
Sincerus is looking for an experienced Cybersecurity professional to provide expert advisory services to the Ministry of Defense (MOD) in support of Global Defense Reform Program (GDRP) initiatives. GDRP is a US State Department-funded program that, in close coordination with US Department of Defense, focuses on assisting Partner Nations with defense reform and civil-military institutional capacity building efforts. The embedded Senior Advisor will work with the MOD and coordinate with all necessary partners to improve their cyber defense strategy and related ministerial policy. The Advisor will serve in a full time, twelve-month long commitment abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Advisor duties and responsibilities:
The Senior Advisor will provide expert guidance and provide the advice and technical assistance needed for the Ministry of Defense (MOD) to become an effective organization within a national cybersecurity environment. The Senior Advisor will also support effective interagency coordination by the MOD within the Government of Argentina around cybersecurity. He/she will provide cyber policy recommendations to MOD civilian and military leadership, to include the Minister, Deputy Minister, and Chief of Defense.
In furtherance of this goal, the Senior Advisor will support the local MOD to:
- Assisting the MOD with aligning its overall cyber policies and strategies to the Government's national security strategy.
- Developing and refining foundational and strategy documents for the MOD to ensure it aligns with the Government's national security strategy.
- Drafting protocols that outline lines of action, and roles and responsibilities of the MOD that will help both leadership and the Government to better understand and define the role and functions of the MOD.
- Help the MOD to understand the role of a defense ministry within the overall national cybersecurity environment.
- Provide the necessary expertise to ensure MOD leaders and their staff understand the cybersecurity implications of their decisions.
- Supporting interagency coordination and encouraging dialogue on cyber roles and responsibilities within the Government.
- Enhancing the knowledge and capacity of Government staff and leadership involved with the MOD and interagency cyber efforts.
- Ensure that local Government partners are empowered to make and maintain the recommended changes within the MOD and that the institution has a higher level of capacity because of the Senior Advisor's guidance and efforts.
- Act as the trusted advisor for the Government and MOD.
- Where other barriers to institutional change with regards to strategic planning exist, work to identify those barriers, make recommendations to the Government and MOD to overcome them, and where possible, work to address them in support of the desired end state.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Senior Advisor shall be qualified for the work performed as documented by education, certifications, licenses, permits, test reports, judgments, and similar documentation. At a minimum, the Senior Advisor shall possess the following qualifications.
- Master's degree in one of the following or a similar subject area: Cybersecurity, Cyber Defense, Global Technology and Development, Information Systems Security, Digital Forensics, AND six (6) years of professional experience working in cybersecurity.
- Bachelor's degree in the aforementioned areas AND at least ten (10) years of professional experience working in the relevant specialized discipline(s).
- Have reached, at a minimum, the rank of O-5 in the military or equivalent in a civilian capacity (i.e., FS-02/GS-14).
- Two (2) years of experience developing cybersecurity and cyber defense strategy, policy, or procedures.
- Experience leading projects associated with bilateral and/or multilateral cybersecurity capacity building initiatives.
- Experience communicating cybersecurity policy and technical concepts to a variety of stakeholders.
- One (1) year prior experience advising foreign governments.
- Demonstrated understanding of cybersecurity challenges in emerging markets.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance issued by the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) prior to contract/task order performance.
- U.S. citizen.