A new resource from the FAO Association providing a wide range of career information for all experience levels
Title: Program Manager
Employer: Multinational Defense and Security Solutions Company
Salary: $90,000 to $95,000
Location: Orlando, FL
Start date: As soon as possible
Years Experience: Minimum 12 years
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Security Clearance: Not required
Responsible for all aspects of execution of assigned program(s) including organizational, financial, management, performance, spending, and successful completion. Manages and directs, all phases of a program or project from inception to completion. May also oversee activities of one or more product groups or divisions, and be a Supervisor of specified employees.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Participates in proposal or statement of work preparation and establishes and monitors master plans and schedules.
Maintains contact with customer regarding program cost, schedule and administrative requirements.
Works with Project Managers and Resource Sponsors to plan and manage workload.
Determines and integrates the required program management team functions that may include: purchasing, engineering, quality assurance, manufacturing, and administrative areas.
Ensures program planning and monitoring activities and performance is in accordance with contractual obligations and specified ISO, CMMI, ITIL, Earned Value or the quality/financial control processes.
Manage multiple projects and teams simultaneously within common processes and procedures.
Handle complex program planning, cost estimating, budgeting, financial tracking, resourcing, and monitoring of short term and long-term multiple- disciplinary teams and project objectives.
Former USAF program experience.
Program Management experience on USAF Aviation Programs.
BS or equivalent technical management degree, related scientific or technical discipline.
Minimum of 12 years of specialized experience and management responsibility of teams in technical disciplines related to the requirements.
Experience in military operations, service, and/or military standards.
Experience in development of military training programs and systems
Working knowledge of Integrated Master Schedule and Integrated Master Planning principles and practices.
Technical understanding of the basic principles of systems engineering for hardware and software based systems.
Technical ability to read engineering drawings and top level design work products.
Awareness of Software CMMI principles and practices.
PMP and/or DAWIA Level 3 Certification in Program Management.
Working knowledge of DoD Acquisition framework and associated design milestones.
Working knowledge of Earned Value Management.
Adept in Microsoft Office Suite including working knowledge of MS Project.
Experience in problem solving for complex, multi skill required issues.
Superior interpersonal abilities and communication skills.
Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, and flexible.
MS or equivalent in technical management.
Familiarity with the Air Force tanker community (KC-10 and KC-135).
• Undergraduate degree in any discipline (Preferably Language Education)
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience teaching English as a Second/Foreign language and demonstrated expertise in developing lessons for listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
• Designs and develops engaging, effective study materials, online courses, and learning activities.
• Sets instructional design expectations and guiding SMEs/instructors through the definition of learning goals, design approach, and content requirements.
• Produces course outlines based on the learning product’s objectives.
• Participates in generating ideas for engaging learning activities
• Develops materials using learning technologies expertise, creating exceptional interactive learning experiences that meet the instructional intent and optimize delivery options
• Assists and works collaboratively with program staff/instructors to coordinate the production of new content items, material and tools to enhance the curricula.
Salary: $78,000 to $100,000 + expat package
Location: Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Start date: As soon as possible
Years Experience: Minimum 10-15 years
• Undergraduate degree in any discipline plus 120-hour TESOL teaching.
• Two years’ experience in teaching/training, preferably teaching English as a Second or a Foreign Language to adults utilizing blended learning methodologies. (Experience teaching DLI ELC American Language Course is a PLUS)
• Computer literacy and excellent knowledge of using technology and complicated software in classes.
• Excellent command of the lexicon and grammar of spoken and written Standard English.
• Highly motivated individual with the ability to assess and adapt to the proficiency needs of learners.
• Able to teach a rigorous, standardized focused curriculum, and implement new instructional methodologies IAW the best practices
• Conduct classes in an engaging, interactive and enthusiastic manner that is facilitative and student-centered.
• The ability to work with an established lesson plan and maintain pacing of the daily schedule.
• Ability to create an environment where students feel comfortable speaking, and guide student through proper speech patterns and pronunciation.
• Experience teaching reading comprehension, developing student writing, and teaching vocabulary while ensuring the usage and application in writing.
• Respectful of the students’ cultural differences and supportive of their unique needs.
• Graduate degree in TESOL or a closely-related field such as Linguistics/Applied Linguistics, EFL, ESL, TEFL, TESL, Language Education or Translation & Interpretation.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in teaching the American Language Course (ALC) of Defense Language Institute English Language Center (DLIELC)
• Expert knowledge in utilizing blended learning methods (face to face, online and digital learning) using technology and complicated software in classes for instructional effectiveness, and allowing students and schoolhouse to use time and resources more flexibly than in traditional school environments.
• Demonstrates appropriate presentation/speaking skills including the introduction of a wide diversity of instructional strategies encouraging active student participation
• Demonstrates appropriate use of written reference materials as well as audiovisual and other instructional aids
• Utilizes diverse questioning strategies to determine depth and range of student understanding
• Works as a lead instructor mentoring and supervising junior instructors assisting with their orientation, trainings and briefing.
• Ensures all instructors prepare and plan adequately for effective classroom instruction, ensuring that the lesson plan and presentation strategies are well prepared, the learning environment is optimal, and the instructional materials are in proper working order
• Supports communication between Program staff and instructors.
• Evaluates Instructors performance periodically and provide training as may be needed
• Communicates appropriately with the program manager, instructors, schoolhouse staff and cadets
• Ensures that the learning environment is maintained in a neat and orderly manner, and that all equipment is cleaned and returned to its appropriate position following use
• Maintains administrative records in a well-organized, accurate and timely manner, including attendance, academic proficiency evaluations, curriculum, etc.
Senior ELT Project Manager - Jubail, Saudi Arabia