A new resource from the FAO Association providing a wide range of career information for all experience levels
Employer: Multinational Defense and Security Solutions Company
Salary: $78,000 to $100,000 + expat package
Location: Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Start date: As soon as possible
Years Experience: Minimum 10-15 years
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Undergraduate degree in any discipline plus 120-hour TESOL teaching.
• Two years’ experience in teaching/training, preferably teaching English as a Second or a Foreign Language to adults utilizing blended learning methodologies. (Experience teaching DLI ELC American Language Course is a PLUS)
• Computer literacy and excellent knowledge of using technology and complicated software in classes.
• Excellent command of the lexicon and grammar of spoken and written Standard English.
• Highly motivated individual with the ability to assess and adapt to the proficiency needs of learners.
• Able to teach a rigorous, standardized focused curriculum, and implement new instructional methodologies IAW the best practices
• Conduct classes in an engaging, interactive and enthusiastic manner that is facilitative and student-centered.
• The ability to work with an established lesson plan and maintain pacing of the daily schedule.
• Ability to create an environment where students feel comfortable speaking, and guide student through proper speech patterns and pronunciation.
• Experience teaching reading comprehension, developing student writing, and teaching vocabulary while ensuring the usage and application in writing.
• Respectful of the students’ cultural differences and supportive of their unique needs.
• Graduate degree in TESOL or a closely-related field such as Linguistics/Applied Linguistics, EFL, ESL, TEFL, TESL, Language Education or Translation & Interpretation.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in teaching the American Language Course (ALC) of Defense Language Institute English Language Center (DLIELC)
• Expert knowledge in utilizing blended learning methods (face to face, online and digital learning) using technology and complicated software in classes for instructional effectiveness, and allowing students and schoolhouse to use time and resources more flexibly than in traditional school environments.
• Demonstrates appropriate presentation/speaking skills including the introduction of a wide diversity of instructional strategies encouraging active student participation
• Demonstrates appropriate use of written reference materials as well as audiovisual and other instructional aids
• Utilizes diverse questioning strategies to determine depth and range of student understanding
• Works as a lead instructor mentoring and supervising junior instructors assisting with their orientation, trainings and briefing.
• Ensures all instructors prepare and plan adequately for effective classroom instruction, ensuring that the lesson plan and presentation strategies are well prepared, the learning environment is optimal, and the instructional materials are in proper working order
• Supports communication between Program staff and instructors.
• Evaluates Instructors performance periodically and provide training as may be needed
• Communicates appropriately with the program manager, instructors, schoolhouse staff and cadets
• Ensures that the learning environment is maintained in a neat and orderly manner, and that all equipment is cleaned and returned to its appropriate position following use
• Maintains administrative records in a well-organized, accurate and timely manner, including attendance, academic proficiency evaluations, curriculum, etc.
Senior ELT Project Manager - Jubail, Saudi Arabia