Mali National Security Council (NSC) Advisor to work primarily in Bamako, Mali. This candidate will directly support efforts to establish the Mali NSC as the prominent government body to facilitate cooperation between government agencies regarding implementation of such policies; strengthen the NSC’s analysis and ability to evaluate risks to national security, weigh policy options, and provide the President and NSC officials with reports and recommendations regarding actions or policies; and help coordinate international and multinational defense and security efforts. This position will routinely exercise independent judgement and discretion to include being empowered to commit the principal’s time based on interpreting general guidelines and established rules of protocol.
Location: Bamako, Mali and other locations in Mali at the request of or in conjunction with Senior NSC staff and as approved by the COR.
Clearance Requirement: Secret Clearance
Minimum Technical / Education Qualifications:
- Must be able to Speak, Read and Write fluently in French (IRL level 3+ minimum, or interagency equivalent)
- At least one-year of prior professional experience that provides insight into Mali’s defense and security structures, policies and procedures, including government decision-making processes.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ of professional experience working in international relations, including interactions with foreign government officials.
- At least one (1) year of prior professional experience providing advisory support to foreign government officials and/or security forces.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- At least one (1) year of prior professional experience operating in an interagency environment, such as the U.S. National Security Council.
Demonstrated prior professional experience operating in Francophone West Africa, including knowledge of Mali’s limited resources and experience guiding partners in creatively leveraging available resources to address security threats.
Apply online at: http://www.strategicopportunities.net/opportunities.html or send resume addressing qualifications to email@example.com
Peter W Aubrey
Colonel, Special Forces (retired)President,
Strategic Opportunities International LLC
SOI is a service disabled veteran owned small business
"But being right, even morally right, isn't everything. It is also important to be competent, to be consistent, and to be knowledgeable. It's important for your soldiers and diplomats to speak the language of the people you want to influence. It's important to understand the ethnic and tribal divisions of the place you hope to assist." -Anne Applebaum