QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) is part of the Department of State’s (DOS) multi-faceted response to transnational crime. Dedicated to strengthening criminal justice systems, impeding the movement of illegal narcotics, addressing corruption, and building capacity to counter many types of transnational crime, INL’s Office of Western Hemisphere Programs (INL/WHP) plays a key role in leading the development and synchronization of U.S. foreign assistance in the region. INL/WHP’s support is tailored to bolster the capacity of partner countries through regional and country-specific programs. Monitoring and evaluating (M&E) foreign assistance programs is imperative to the efficient administration of effective assistance and accountable reporting to Congress and others in the oversight community.
INL/WHP requires the services of an M&E contractor to develop M&E policies and procedures; create realistic and feasible performance measures; support, manage, and conduct data collection efforts across the hemisphere; and develop and maintain an M&E data management, analysis, and reporting system and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). This contract will help INL/WHP comply with the Foreign Aid Transparency and Accountability Act of 2016 (FATAA), which codifies reporting on the performance of U. S. foreign assistance and its contribution to the policies and priorities undertaken by the Federal Government.
The Senior Data Management Specialist (DSMS) shall be based in D. C. and will sit in the INL/WHP office space. This individual shall assess the data management needs, make recommendations for a data management and storage, and oversee its production and maintenance. With input from INL/WHP and Posts, this position shall design, update, and improve data management systems as well as design corresponding reporting templates.
When possible, the DSMS shall design systems to automatically transfer data between documents, reporting templates, and other data management/storage systems. The DSMS will assist in the visualization of complex data; monitor data for accuracy, completeness, and redundancies; and provide user assistance to M&E contract employees and program officers. The DSMS may assist M&E Specialists with entering both past and current data, required reporting of measures not developed under this contract, and may require manual data entry and content correction, editing, and data visualization.
This individual may be called on to help with other duties as assigned.
This position may require travel throughout the Western Hemisphere. This position is open to U.S. Citizens and will not be housed in INL/WHP facilities. The contractor shall provide off-site office space in the D. C.-metro area. This position will require on-site access.
- Bachelor’s degree
- U. S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance
- Experience designing knowledge management systems, databases, complex trackers, and/or electronic surveys
- Highly skilled in using Microsoft SharePoint, Excel and/or Access
- Highly skilled and experienced in data visualization and reporting
- Highly skilled in using data analysis and producing quality descriptive data visualizations
- Demonstrate high-level of understanding of statistical analysis and software such as SPSS or STATA
- Ability to present results in written reports
- Based in the D. C. metro area and able to work in the INL/WHP office space
- FSI Level 4/4 English or equivalent
- Experience with data warehousing, business intelligence and/or information management concepts skills
- Skilled in using visualization and reporting software such as Microstrategy, Tableau, Power BI, and ArcGIS
- Experience working with computer algorithms and/or computer programing languages
- Knowledge of C, C++, Java, embedding language, and HTML
- Knowledge of survey design and implementation and/or qualitative in-person interviews
- Knowledge of technical writing or report production
- Knowledge and/or experience working in the Western Hemisphere
- Knowledge or experience with additional international narcotics and law enforcement-related programs
- Experience supporting the U.S. Department of State, Department of Justice, USAID or other similar government partners
- Experience supporting Non-governmental Organizations
- Spanish, French, or Dutch language skills