STRATEGIC OPPORTUNITIES INTERNATIONAL LLC is looking for individuals to support the Department of State's The Global Defense Reform Program (GDRP) . GDRPis a flexible, multi-year, Department of State (State)-funded program, coordinated with the Department of Defense (DoD), to assist select partner nation Armed Forces, at both the service and Ministry of Defense (MoD) level, with providing security in an effective, transparent, and accountable manner to civilian authorities, while advancing U.S. national security objectives. GDRP is intended to be a flexible, global program to assist defense reform. Each GDRP activity is tailored to the individual needs and requirements of the recipient nation.
Through GDRP, the United States seeks to provide advisory support to Palau and the Solomon Islands through the placement of the following embedded maritime advisors:
- One (1) strategic/operational-level Maritime Domain Awareness advisor embedded at the Palau Ministry of Justice’s Maritime Law Enforcement Division (MLED); and,
Palau and the Solomon Island
REQUIRED Qualifications for one (1) strategic-level Maritime Domain Awareness advisor to the Palau Ministry of Justice
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with maritime strategy, maritime law enforcement and security operations, maritime information and intelligence fusion, maritime security policy, and maritime security matters at the operational and strategic levels required.
- Minimum six (6) years prior services within the U. S. Coast Guard/Navy service.
- Prior demonstrated supervisory experience in a U.S. Coast Guard sector/district command center or U.S. Navy maritime operations center responsible for command and control, maritime domain/situational awareness, and information/intelligence management.
- Prior demonstrated experience in operations, planning, exercises, training, developing and implementing standard operating procedures, developing and implementing watchstander job qualifications and requirements, and managing operations center personnel;
- U.S. citizen
- Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) certification issued by the Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS/SI/PSS)
If interested; please send your resume to email@example.com or apply online at http://www.strategicopportunities.net/careers.html
PREFERRED Qualifications for one (1) strategic-level Maritime Domain Awareness advisor to the Palau Ministry of Justice
- a. Prior demonstrated experience as a U.S. Coast Guard command center chief.
- b. Prior demonstrated experience working in service, combatant, and strategic level headquarters, e.g., OPNAV, OSD, Joint Staff, USCG, ONI, and/or COCOM staff, highly desired.
- c. Background in MDA, related MDA operations and intelligence/information management, fusion, and support.
- d. Experience advising foreign military or government at the operational or strategic level
e. Demonstrated ability to work in an environment with limited resources and to apply innovative and creative solutions to resolve problems
f. Proven self-starter who can be successful working independently at various organizational levels and with executives/managers/leaders/staffs from multiple functional areas and cultural backgrounds
g. Demonstrated communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with counterparts to help them achieve goals through the provision of quality advice, support, and mentoring.
h. Proven success in individual and organizational capacity building and aptitude to share knowledge, mentor and coach others