Duty location in Alexandria and/or Pentagon
The SPA Defense Strategy and Policy Team advises and provides analysis to senior Department of Defense customers on a wide range of national level issues including; the development of defense strategy concepts, deterrence related policy and strategy issues, development of advanced operating concepts, and strategic communication support. The team has broad expertise working at the most senior of levels of government, and specializes in integrating complex and crosscutting issues for senior decision makers and assisting those senior decision makers in communicating those decisions to all stakeholders.
Perform work on various National Security topics in support of a range of US Dept. of Army customers. Responsible for leading and participating in analytical studies, developing or reviewing papers that analyze or recommend positions on issues, developing and presenting briefing materials, and developing materials necessary for policy execution. Function as a subject matter expert and provide consistent thought leadership to customers. Assist in the development of strategic communications products to assist the USA in communicating strategy, priorities and rationale for funding decisions to Senior Army, DOD, and Congressional leadership. Interact across multiple parts of government and the public in the course of their duties.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, International Relations, National Security Studies or related field.
• 15+ years of experience Service as a commissioned U.S. military officer.
• Understanding of acquisition related DoD Directives/Instructions and acquisition-related Army Regulations and policy.
• Experience developing and executing Strategic Communication Strategies and Plans.
• Experience directly interacting with, briefing, and advising senior decision makers in DoD or the Armed Services.
• Must be capable of clearly communicating complex ideas in an accessible and understandable way, including presenting material to senior decision-makers or briefing large groups.
• Must be capable of breaking down complex issues into simplified problem statements and laying out objective approaches to identify and compare the merits of competing solutions.
• Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and ambiguous environment.
• Must be capable of leading projects and teams.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Top Secret Clearance.
• Masters Degree in Political Science, International Relations, National Security Studies or related field.
• Experience with Army Strategy and Warfare Doctrine.
• Direct experience with Armed Service future capabilities analysis, capability requirements sponsorship, or doctrine/warfare concept development.
• Direct experience with Service or Joint operational planning.
• Direct experience with development, analysis, or implementation of DoD/Service strategy and policy.
• Interim or final TOP SECRET security clearance