Provide advisory and assistance support (A&AS) to the Office of the Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force, International Affairs, (SAF/IA), with regional and country specific expertise. This support is required for developing Letters of Offer and Acceptance (LOA) and ensuring compliance with existing LOAs for regions or Partner Nations.
5+ years’ experience required:
a. USAF LOA development and execution management and/or experience as SAF/IA Country Desk Officer
b. Pseudo FMS case programming
c Security Cooperation programs
d. Building Partner Capacity and Security Force Assistance programs
e. Knowledge and understanding of the roles and missions of USAF, program offices, and industry roles in FMS
f. Knowledge and understanding of security cooperation, international affairs, security assistance, foreign military sales to include the processes, legislation, and stakeholders.
g. Knowledge and understanding of SAF/IA’s role in US Government and International security cooperation community
h. Demonstrated experience developing and implementing DoD acquisition policies, laws, regulations, and guidance required to implement FMS LOAs
• Master’s Degree, an emphasis in an International Affairs curriculum.
• Fluency or Proficiency capability in a foreign language.
• US DoD staff experience in a military or civilian capacity.
• Prior experience with systems/capabilities and Partner Nation language and culture familiarity.
• Familiarity with the Defense Security Cooperation Agency Security Assistance Management Manual (SAMM).
• Prior experience with weapons systems/capabilities in airlift (for example: C-17, C-130), integrated air missile defense (Ex. Early Warning Radar), command and control (Air Operations Center, Air Defense Operations Center), refueling (Ex. KC-46), and pilot/language training (Ex. Defense Language Institute).
Please contact: Phil Dupont (email@example.com / 703.399.7987)