Work as an embedded logistics advisor with the Rwanda Defense Forces (RDF) in Kigali, Rwanda. Provide technical advisory support for RDF logistics personnel, staff and leadership. Assess RDF logistical support institutions and operations to include maintenance, supply, transportation, field services and equipment sustainment programs, develop recommendations for improvement. Help the RDF develop and maintain an integrated peacekeeping operations (PKO) logistics support system to ensure support and sustainment of RDF elements deploying in rapid response to an emerging crisis along with steady state deployments of peacekeeping elements in support of United Nations (UN) or other regional PKO.
- U.S. military experience as a Major/O-4.
- 7 years of multifunctional military logistics experience including company and battalion-level support operations and battalion-level logistics planning experience.
- Ability to work with RDF military personnel; assess/evaluate the RDF logistics program, offer recommendations for improvement; plan and coordinate activities in support of training RDF logistics personnel.
- Interpersonal skills: ability to work one-on-one, and in small groups.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while keeping leadership informed of issues and progress on a weekly basis verbally, a monthly basis via written reports, and as otherwise directed.
- 2 years of brigade or support group-level logistics planning and support experience.
- 2 years of theater-level logistics planning and support experience in a theater or expeditionary sustainment command.
- UN or multinational military logistics expertise with experience in Africa.
- Experience with commercial logistics companies (freight forwarder, transportation services, warehousing, etc.).
Security Clearance Required: Secret.
For additional information, contact Robert Bosworth: email@example.com